rich content editor similar to weebly page editor
I've been searching for something similar for a long time. Here's a compilation of the best I've found so far (apart from the obvious ones like TinyMCE, FCK Editor, NicEdit, MarkItUp! etc..)
- Rich Text Editor Framework for React https://facebook.github.io/draft-js/
- 'Medium'-like Editor http://daviferreira.github.io/medium-editor/
- WYSIHTML5 Editor http://xing.github.io/wysihtml5/
- Sir Trevor JS - easily extensible, 'blocks' concept http://madebymany.github.io/sir-trevor-js/example.html
- uEditor - very minimal http://www.upian.com/upiansource/ueditor/demo/custom.html
- Fresh Editor - minimal and light weight http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140543/FresherEditor/demo.html
- Hallo.js - Similar to medium's editor http://hallojs.org/
- Proper - HTML5 semantic text editor http://quasipartikel.at/proper/
- Aloha Editor - great looking, free, full-page editor with good features http://www.aloha-editor.org/demos/3col/
- QuillJS - A powerful, extensible RTE https://quilljs.com/
- Froala - Feature rich and highly extensible https://www.froala.com/wysiwyg-editor
- Redactor - Feature rich, but it's not free for commercial use - http://imperavi.com/redactor/
(updated 20 Oct 2017)
So, almost four years after the original question, people are still searching.
I've been researching something similar for a couple of days now. We need a drag & drop editor for inclusion in an open source project. It needs to be a truly drag & drop site builder, not just a (fancy) text editor. These are some of the editors that look promising. Some of these may have been mentioned before. Not all are free or open source.
- Contentbuilder.js: http://innovastudio.com/content-builder.aspx
- Odoo website builder: https://www.odoo.com/page/website-builder
- Ace/Cloud 9: http://ace.c9.io/#nav=about
- Pencil: http://pencil.evolus.vn/
- Redactor: http://imperavi.com/redactor/
- Mercury: https://github.com/jejacks0n/mercury
- Impress Pages: https://www.impresspages.org/
I had the same concern a year ago and doing some research I found impresspages CSM give it a try. it is amazing. It's written in PHP and usus jquery to provide drag and drop for edit in place functionality. current version 2.6 and it's Open Source GNU GPL v3.0 or MIT license.
I use tinymce rich text editor with jQuery and i am able to edit in place, drag and drop.