Ability to support Html5 in WPF webbrowser
My WPF browser does not support html5 elements on webpages, and I do not know how to implement support for it. I do have IE9 installed and I can see html5 elements browsing with IE.
Any help with how I can go about adding support for html5 is very much appreciated.
I actually found out the solution by myself. Everything is explained on this page: http://kirubhananth.blogspot.se/2013/04/how-to-load-html-5-content-in-wpf.html
- Click Start -> Run (or Win+R shortcut)
- Type REGEDIT in the textbox and click enter. The Registry Editor will be opened. Needs administration rights to open and modify the registry.
- Traverse in the tree in left side panel through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Microsoft -> Internet Explorer -> MAIN -> FeatureControl -> FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION
- After selecting the FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION right click the empty space in the right side keys panel and select New -> DWORD (32 bit) Value
- Set the value name as your app's name. eg: MyApp.exe
- Set the vaule data to 270f and tick Hexadecimal.
- To support debugging through Visual Studio, add another key with the same value data and with .vshost between your app name and the extension. eg: MyApp.vshost.exe