Installing an apk on android emulator on Mac OS
I tried following these steps(from here):
go to sdk folder, then go to tools. copy your apk file inside the tool directory ./emulator -avd myEmulator to run the emulator on mac ./adb install myApp.apk to install app on the emulator
But when I run "./emulator -avd phoneEmulator" (phoneEmulator is the name of my emulator) it just displays:
Phil-Knights-MacBook-Pro:tools philiplknight$ ./emulator -avd phoneEmulator 2012-07-30 22:44:33.377 emulator-arm[2859:80b] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz.
It's as if that command is never returning.
If I can't input the 2nd command ./adb install myApp.apk in that window, where do I call it?
- Open Terminal
- go to android-sdk-mac\platform-tools
- type ./adb install myApp.apk
First of all, you SHOULD NOT copy APKs to the tools or any other SDK directory. Do not cd to the SDK directories, just add them to the PATH environment var or use their absolute path in command lines. Then, if you want to run the emulator and then execute command from the same terminal, send the process to background (&):
$ export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/sdk/tools:path/to/sdk/platform-tools $ emulator -avd myEmulator & $ adb install /path/to/my.apk
You can work around by:
- Upload yourapp.apk to internet. I.e: yourhost.com/yourapp.apk
- Run emulator
- Open internet browser on your emulator, visit link yourhost.com/yourapp.apk
- Download and install
You can work around by:
- You have a *.apk file with you if you don't have, download it.
- Open Android Studio and Run the emulator.
- Open the finder and go to the location which contains your *.apk file.
- Drag that *.apk and drop into the emulator and it will ask for confirmation after your confirmation it will install the *.apk in the emulator.
- You can find it in application menu once installation succeeds.
adb can be run from a seperate terminal once this emulator boots up.
May Be, Useful to all the command in MAC OS Terminal
Am I the only one whose apps install in the emulator when I run them as Android Application from eclipse?
I mean - why go though the trouble of adb when you could just use eclipse? (unless you have something against eclipse!)
Try this app. It will install the apk by just double clicking on it after you create an association to .apk files. It's all explained in the github source.