How to copy a URL in Lynx without using the mouse
I am using Ubuntu 12.04. I want to copy a URL in Lynx without using the mouse. The URL should be copied to the clipboard. I have tried using Ctrl+A, Ctrl+K, but it does not get copied to the clipboard.
well if you don't mind complicated stuff, you can do this if you open lynx inside a screen, do:
- ctrl-A Escape,
- arrows to get to the start of the url
- enter to start selection
- arrows to get to the end of the url
- enter to end selection and push it into screen's buffer
- paste it into a shell using control-]
- and do echo "that paste" | xclip -selection clipboard
maybe using w3m or lynx you can pipe a selection of text into xclip, but that's far from being sure.