Browser Helper Object doesnot get loaded in IE8

I have a BHO, which i can see it as enabled in Add On's list. But it does not get loaded when i start my IE on the Win2k8 R2 machines(64 bit).

I have disabled IE Enhanced security as well but no help. The same BHO gets loaded in other machines.

The registry details under (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects & HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID) seem to be fine.

Is there any setting that disables BHO from actually getting loaded?

Answers


By default the BHO's are disabled on windows servers.

To enable BHO one has to change this setting "Enable Browser Extensions" string value to "yes" in the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main


I've found I need to register HKCR\CLSID\{GUID} and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{GUID}. I'm not sure if this is the "right" thing to do, but using RegMon, it's what IE is reading...


Need Your Help

Change the scope of code called within a ruby block

ruby scope

Suppose I have a method that looks like:

unable to start my adb

android adb

It is showing an IOException. I am using Ubuntu Release 12.04 (precise) 64-bit, 1.9 GB RAM, Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz × 2.