Project doesn't recognize cucumber-picocontainer dependency

I'm currently working on a java test framework with cucumber, JUnit and Selenium. I've already worked on projects like that, but I'm experiencing an issue on this one.

I'm trying to create a Context class that is a Singleton. I want to use cucumber-picocontainer to have this class accessible in every step definition class. I added the dependencies in my pom.xml, but every time I try to execute my tests, I have an exception that says : "NewLoginSteps doesn't have an empty constructor. If you need DI, put cucumber-picocontainer on the classpath". I tried to import the jars manually, but it didn't help.

Here is a sample of my configuration :

  • pom.xml

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
        <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    
    
        <properties>
            <cucumber.version>1.2.4</cucumber.version>
            <selenium-java.version>2.39.0</selenium-java.version>
        </properties>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>info.cukes</groupId>
                <artifactId>cucumber-java</artifactId>
                <version>${cucumber.version}</version>
                <scope>test</scope>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>info.cukes</groupId>
                <artifactId>cucumber-picocontainer</artifactId>
                <version>${cucumber.version}</version>
                <scope>test</scope>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>info.cukes</groupId>
                <artifactId>cucumber-junit</artifactId>
                <version>${cucumber.version}</version>
                <scope>test</scope>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>junit</groupId>
                <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
                <version>4.11</version>
                <scope>test</scope>
            </dependency>
    </project>
    

TestContext.java :

public class TestContext {
    private static Map<String, String> siteLocations = new HashMap<String, String>();
    private static boolean initialized = false;
    private static boolean firstInitDone = false;
    private static WebDriver driver;
    private static boolean testsToRun = false;
    private static AutomatedTestMode modeAsEnum;

    @Before
    public void setUp(Scenario scenario) {
        initialize();
        Log.startTestCase(scenario.getName());
        afterAll();
    }
    ....
}

a step definition class :

public class NewLoginSteps extends NewSuperSteps {

    public NewLoginSteps(TestContext context){
        super(context);
    }


    @When("^I log in nova as \"([^\"]*)\" user with \"([^\"]*)\" \"([^\"]*)\"$")
    public void newLogin(String instance, String username, String password){
        Assert.assertEquals(true, false);

    }

    @Then("^The user is connected$")
    public void The_user_is_connected(){
        throw new PendingException();
    }

}

my superSepts class :

public class NewSuperSteps {
    protected TestContext context;
    public NewSuperSteps(TestContext context){
        this.context=context;
    }

}

Do you have an idea about what I've done wrong ? I've already used picocontainer in order to do the same thing and it was working.

Answers


I faced similiar issue.

The problem was in the version of the info cukes..You need to have the same version of all cucumber-* in your pom.xml. That solved the issue for me.


Add below dependency to your pom.xml

<dependency>   
    <groupId>org.picocontainer</groupId>  
    <artifactId>picocontainer</artifactId>
    <version>2.14.3</version>
</dependency>

Do not include

<dependency>   
    <groupId>info.cukes</groupId>  
    <artifactId>cucumber-java</artifactId>
    <version>1.2.2</version>
    <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

in addition to cucumber-junit and cucumber-picocontainer.

That was the problem on my project.


Adding the following dependency worked for me,

    <dependency>
        <groupId>info.cukes</groupId>
        <artifactId>cucumber-java</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.5</version>
        <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>info.cukes</groupId>
        <artifactId>cucumber-junit</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.5</version>
        <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>info.cukes</groupId>
        <artifactId>cucumber-picocontainer</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.5</version>
        <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>

Need Your Help

Outlook VBA Sort by Date

arrays vba search outlook find

I am building a code that does a search in a Outlook folder and put the body of the items together in just one item (to build a history for that case).