Modern perl - ready to run applications - learning by examples - from what?
I'm learning Modern perl - Moose, Plack etc. In much advices you can read "learn by examples" - so started searching for some ready-to-run applications written with Modern perl.
Browsed much pages like:
and much more (perl.org and etc.) - and unfortunately - I'm not found any "ready to run" application written with Modern perl.
I'm not found any Moose/Plack - CMS, neither ShoppingCart, nor Blog or any web application. It is hardly to believe than they are not exists, so probably I'm searching in the wrong places.
Please can you point me into some "Ready to run" web applications written in Modern Perl (not only frameworks)? I checked all apps from the above links, and no one is Moose/Plack based.
Already found "modern" applications
Other Moose/Plack applications:
- none yet
Mason - framework only, but pure Moose/Plack based.
Some links after searching for "Catalyst" in the github (maybe, some are abandoned):
- https://github.com/niner/CiderWebmail - Perl/Catalyst/AJAX based Webmail
- https://github.com/shlomif/catable - CATAlyst BLog Engine - written by perl cats
- https://github.com/yusukebe/Kutter - A Web Application displays the tweets about everyone eating. It's sample of Catalyst, DBIx::Class, and Moose
- https://github.com/gshank/ravlog - Perl Catalyst blog
- https://github.com/bobtfish/CatalystX-JobServer - Asynchronous job AMQP job server and message handler, with long hair
- https://github.com/fayland/foorum - Foorum (a forum/BBS system based on Catalyst)
- https://github.com/Craftworks/Engage - Application Framework that includes Catalyst, TheSchwartz and App::Cmd
- https://github.com/orlandov/blogjob - Catalyst blog webapp (powered by MongoDB!)
and much more.
Unfortunately, havent any idea how to search github for non catalyst, but still Moose/Plack applications.
ShinyCMS is an open-source content management system which uses Catalyst and Moose. It's still in it's early stages, but is definitely worth a look.
Deimos CMS is, as far as I am aware, still in its alpha stages, but may be of interest.
Silki is a Catalyst-based wiki hosting platform, which uses Moose, Catalyst and Fey::ORM.
Silki is written by Dave Rolsky, and I highly recommend that you have a look at his blog. It contains a great deal of really useful information, including "How I Use Catalyst". And although it is not a ready to run application, you might find looking at the source code for Chloro helpful.
Finally, WebNano is a PSGI based framework - I know you are looking for apps, but as this is PSGI based, I thought it might be useful.
If you're looking at web application frameworks under Modern Perl - have you looked at Catalyst?
One example of freely available application code under Catalyst would be MojoMojo:
Their tutorial is also a good place to see working code:
Alternatively you could look at Mojolicious - might be an easier place to start off.
Lots of cookbook type code here (not sure about large applications though)
Other than that, I'd recommend tinkering with stuff and seeing how it works. Once you do that, if you have more specific questions, please post them.