How to determine if a Firebase user is signed in using facebook authentication

I am using firebase from google and I have some trouble with user authentication. After logging with facebook I obtain FirebaseUser in AuthStateListener, but how can I detect if this user is logged via facebook or differently?

UPDATE As @Frank van Puffelen said FirebaseAuth.getInstance().getCurrentUser().getProviderId() should return "facebook", but in my case it returns "firebase". Now I cannot figure out what's the reason of this behavior. When I got FacebookToken I do something like this:

        AuthCredential credential = FacebookAuthProvider.getCredential(facebookToken.getToken());
        mAuth.signInWithCredential(credential)
                .addOnCompleteListener(this, new OnCompleteListener<AuthResult>() {
                    @Override
                    public void onComplete(@NonNull Task<AuthResult> task) {

                        // If sign in fails, display a message to the user. If sign in succeeds
                        // the auth state listener will be notified and logic to handle the
                        // signed in user can be handled in the listener.
                        if (!task.isSuccessful()) {

                        }

                    }
                });

And afterthat before onComplete() method is called, my AuthStateListener gets user which provider id is not "facebook" as it should be. Am I doing something wrong? I followed official google documentation

Answers


In version 3.x and later a single user can be signed in with multiple providers. So there is no longer the concept of a single provider ID. In fact when you call:

FirebaseAuth.getInstance().getCurrentUser().getProviderId()

It will always return firebase.

To detect if the user was signed in with Facebook, you will have to inspect the provider data:

for (UserInfo user: FirebaseAuth.getInstance().getCurrentUser().getProviderData()) {
  if (user.getProviderId().equals("facebook.com")) {
    System.out.println("User is signed in with Facebook");
  }
}

In my app, I use Anonymous Firebase accounts. When I connect Firebase auth with a Facebook account or Google Account I am checking like the following:

for (UserInfo user: FirebaseAuth.getInstance().getCurrentUser().getProviderData()) {

  if (user.getProviderId().equals("facebook.com")) { 
    //For linked facebook account
    Log.d("xx_xx_provider_info", "User is signed in with Facebook");

  } else if (user.getProviderId().equals("google.com")) { 
    //For linked Google account
    Log.d("xx_xx_provider_info", "User is signed in with Google");
  }

}

There exist information in the responding Intent. Refer to following snippet: The responseCode is either "phone", "google.com", "facebook.com", or "twitter.com".

    `import com.firebase.ui.auth.AuthUI;
    import com.firebase.ui.auth.IdpResponse;
    .....
    @Override
    protected void onActivityResult(final int requestCode, int resultCode, Intent 
    data) {
        super.onActivityResult(requestCode, resultCode, data);

        if (requestCode == RC_SIGN_IN) {

            progressBar.setVisibility(View.VISIBLE);

            IdpResponse response = IdpResponse.fromResultIntent(data);

            if (resultCode == RESULT_OK) { 
                String providerCode = response.getProviderType();
                ... 
            }  
      }

Most recent solution is:

As noted here

var uiConfig = {
        callbacks: {
          signInSuccessWithAuthResult: function(authResult, redirectUrl) {
            var providerId = authResult.additionalUserInfo.providerId;
            //...
          },
          //..
       }

and for display in page

firebase.auth().onAuthStateChanged(function (user) {
      if (user) {
        user.getIdToken().then(function (idToken) {

          $('#user').text(welcomeName + "(" + localStorage.getItem("firebaseProviderId")+ ")");
          $('#logged-in').show();
        }
    }
});

Need Your Help

"The handle is invalid" exception in Visual Studio 2015 test runner

c# .net visual-studio unit-testing visual-studio-2015

I found that one of my tests that passes in VS2013 is failing in VS2015, the test calls a service that includes among other things a call to Console.Clear();

Unordered list not aligning all the way to the left in a div

html css

I have an unordered list that I am using as a simple navigation bar. That looks like below: